Blanning - Human Rights Activist, Recovered Anorexic
“As challenging as it can be, stay open to ideas put in front of you” – Blanning
Episode 2 features an interview with Blanning Egan. Blanning is a human rights activist who tells the story of her past struggle with anorexia, drinking, and drugs. Blanning talks about how yoga and meditation helped her when formal treatment did not and the impact that travel and human connection has had on her recovery.
- Why do you share your story?
- What insights do you have on the similarities and differences between your eating disorder and your issues with drugs and alcohol?
- How did you foster self-love and how did it affect your recovery?
- What about human interaction is important to you?
- How else did restricting show up in your life, other than with food?
- What feelings did you need to work through in order to recover?
- How do you deal with fear today?
- What potential does traveling have to affect recovery and how one views the world?
- What advice do you have for others who are struggling with an eating disorder?
Resources from this episode:
- Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health: www.kripalu.org
- Coby Kozlowski: www.cobyk.com
- Lorin Roche/Radiance Sutras: www.lorinroche.com
- Headspace: www.headspace.com
Live Zoom Q&A with Blanning Meeting Details
Time: Feb 9, 2018 7:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/337287370
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,337287370# or +14086380968,,337287370#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 337 287 370
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=jHO5ytK-oi9d2pYg5fcLrjKHhglBNJg9