Kim - Reverend, Yogi, Recovering Bulimic
"I love the woman that I’m becoming... I'm in a place now where I celebrate everything that makes me unique… Whatever God is doing with me and yoga is really good." - Kim
Episode 4 features Kim, a yoga teacher and an ordained minister. Her story and interview will touch on how yoga and religion have helped her in her recovery from bulimia, eating disorders in the black community, and how when one person is brave enough to shine their light by sharing their truth, it has the potential to inspire other people to do the same.
- “This Little Light Of Mine” – Odetta with introductory quote by Marianne Williamson
- “This Little Light of Mine”- Bruce Springsteen (you can’t take Jersey out of the girl…)
- Why did you decide to start telling your story?
- What other things have you shared about your life that you have found has helped other people?
- What do you love about having a blog?
- How have you grown in the past 7 years?
- In what ways do you contribute to society?
- What teachings from yoga or religion help you when things get hard?
- What has helped you get to where you are, other than formal treatment?
- What are some tools you use that you have learned in therapy to "eat normally"?
- What correlations have you noticed between things going on in your life and how your symptoms change?
- What are some tools that you use to meet challenges face-to-face?
- How does calling a friend help you the most when you're struggling?
- What is your experience as a black woman in dealing with an eating disorder?
- What are some resources that you use to help you out in life?
- What's good in your life right now?
Resources from this episode: